Abilities Movement Wants You to Join our Team!
QuickBooks Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant Part Time 15-20 hours/week
Abilities Movement is growing! We are a local not-for-profit organization that provides fitness and sports opportunities for individuals of all abilities. We are looking for a detail-oriented individual to join our team. Through hands-on projects, you’ll utilize your accounting/bookkeeping, organizational, and time management skills as you serve as the Bookkeeper/Administrative Assistant for our growing not-for-profit. Qualified candidates must possess strong technical skills in QuickBooks Desktop software, Excel, and Google Suite and must have exceptional written communication skills. You will be the right-hand person for the organization Directors and will help with internal and external communications. In your role as Bookkeeper, you will collect, track, and communicate financial information that is essential to running our organization and meeting legal and tax obligations.
- Create and manage invoices
- Input payment information from clients
- Accounts payable/receivable tasks
- Submit payroll to payroll processor
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards
- Produce regular QuickBooks financial reports for Administrative and Board review including job cost estimate vs. actuals, job profitability reports, P&L budget vs. actuals, revenue projections
- Support creation of annual operating budget for Administrative review
- Track past due receivables and working with the Assistant Director on collection strategies
- Issue 1099s as needed
- Monitor online donation systems
- Prepare books for accountant and tax accountant for monthly and annual financial statements and annual tax return
- Gather financial data for grant applications
- Maintain designated grant schedule and communicating with Assistant Director regarding upcoming reporting requirements for grants
- Communicate with clients and Abilities Movement Team
- Program Registration
- Assist with office tasks including: filing, copying, mailing, phones, emails
- $18-$20/hr. based on experience
- M, T, W 10am-3pm
- Location: Fairport, NY
- Work with a great team!
- 2+ years of QuickBooks experience (certification preferred)
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to communicate sensitively and patiently to clients is essential
- Proficiency with QuickBooks Accounting Software, Google Suite, Microsoft Office and Excel
- Experience with fundraising software, donation databases and fundraising event coordination a plus
- Must possess ability to work in a professional environment with people of all abilities with kindness and great customer service.
If you are a self-starter who is highly organized and process driven apply today and join us as we build meaningful connections in our community, please email your cover letter/resume to Abilities Movement at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you caring, patient, knowledgeable, and passionate about providing people with special needs the chance to be successful?
Contact Abilities Movement if you are interested in joining our growing team and to provide services in Personal Training, Group Fitness, Adapted Sports, and Outdoor Programming for people with special needs.
About Abilities Movement:
Abilities Movement is a not-for-profit organization that promotes community integration for people of all abilities through support services, fitness, recreation, and social opportunities. Abilities Movement adheres to all safety guidelines put forth by local and state authorities. Abilities Movement is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.